Collaborate & Share Your Maps (MyGOS)
Malaysia Geospatial Online Services (MyGOS) is a platform for sharing of geospatial information via online . It enables you to turn your data into web-enabled services that your whole organization members can use. The Malaysia Geospatial Online Services (MyGOS) provides a platform for users to use and shared trusted geospatial data, services, and applications within their group of members to meet their mission needs.
A one-stop shop to deliver trusted, nationally consistent data and services
Authoritative data to support informed decision making
Problem-solving applications and services that are built once and can be used many times across multiple Federal agencies and other organizations
A shared infrastructure to host data and applications
A national and Federal focal point where governmental, academic, private, and public data and applications can be visualized together to inform and address national and regional issues
Implementation of MyGOS embodies the principles and spirit of Open Government and Big Data initiatives, emphasizing government-to-citizen communication, accountability, and transparency. MyGOS supports open formats, data standards, and common core and extensible metadata. The portfolio of data, applications, and services provided here is stewarded through the use of open licenses and careful review and hosted on an infrastructure that maximizes interoperability. Increased sharing and reuse of resources facilitated by MyGOS will reduce costs, result in savings and wise investments, and stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship. On balance, the integrated approach of the MyGOS means that the federal portfolio of geospatial data is better managed, serves a broader audience, and is easier to use.
The target audience for the MyGOS includes Federal agencies, State and Local Governments, Private Sector, Academia, and the General Public.
Create Web Maps
Combine your data with ready-to-use, authoritative maps on hundreds of topics. Use high-quality basemaps including streets, topographic, imagery, and demographic maps. You also have access to thousands of map layers shared by users around the world that you can use with your own maps and data.
Collaborate and Share
Make interacting with your organizational data easier. Share content related to a common activity through private groups. Or share relevant content with the puclic. Embed your maps in web pages, apps or blogs or share through social media.
Make your work force productive right away with ready-to -use apps for the desktop, browsers, smartphones and tablets.
- Esri Maps for Office
- Make dynamic maps of your spreadsheet data right inside Microsoft Excel. You also get access to Esri's demographic and lifestyle data that you can add to your maps to get more context and details. Esri Maps for Office is a downloadable plug-in available in more than 20 languages.
- Collector for ArcGIS
- Improve the efficiency of your field work force and the accuracy of your GIS. Use maps and collect data anywhere, whether you are connected or not. Collector for ArcGIS is available for iOS and Android devices.
- Operation Dashboard
- Monitor real-time data feeds for large-sclae events of day-to-day operations. Create focused, executive dashboards that combine maps, charts and graphs. Operations Dashboard is available for desktop and tablets.
- Web Apps and Story Maps Templates
- Let anyone interact with your maps. MyGOS apps gallery features a variety of configurable templates that don't require coding. You can showcase multiple maps using story map templates, create time-aware maps, or build apps focused on a particular workflow.
Powerful Analysis Tools
MyGOS gives you access to ready-to-use analysis tools delivered as a web service that you can use with your maps and apps.
- Spatial Analysis
- Detect patterns in your data to discover new information. Find hot spots of potential customers, identify locations for a new business based on certain characteristic or summarize your data to see what intersects or connects.
- Data GeoEnrichment
- Enrich your maps wit Esri's demographic and lifestyle data. Get more context for your area of interest by adding population, household, consumer behavior and market potential data. Create infographic pop-up windows or preformatted reports that display on top of your map or append the data to your spreadsheets and then map it in Esri Maps for Office.
- Geocoding and Place Search
- Convert an address, postal code or other identifier to an x,y coordinate or batch geocode a large number of addresses. The world Geocoding service supports high location accuracy up to address-level-geocoding for over 100 countries. You can visualize the result on a map, insert the points as stops along a route, or use them as input for your spatial analysis. You can also store the results for later use or use the Place Search service to look up a place or point of interest anywhere in the world and display it on your map.
- MyGOS gives you control over how you share your maps, apps and data. You decide what to share publicly, share with specific groups or keep completely private.
Links that may interest you: